Subject: bug#23738: [feature request] eww allow multiple buffer

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 13:44:19 -0500

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 17:31:52 +0100 Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote: 

LI> Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> writes:
>> I think there are several use cases. I've given my suggestions:
>> 
>> 1) open a new buffer directly to a hostname or "go to" a URL: use that
>> hostname in the buffer title
>> 
>> 2) follow a link to the same host (or domain) in a EWW buffer: leave the
>> buffer title
>> 
>> 3) follow a link to a different host (or domain) in a EWW buffer: drop
>> the buffer title and just make it a number or something unique

LI> Yeah, I think this is a probably the best way to deal with it.  That is:
LI> If you've opened a "domain-named" eww buffer (which is now the case with
LI> NEW-WINDOW), then eww will have to change the name of the buffer if you
LI> follow a link to a different domain.  But perhaps just keep renaming it
LI> based on the new domain instead of reverting to <number>?

Your call, as long as the logic is consistent and clear in the code,
separately treating those three cases. Then it can be amended or even
extracted into customizable hooks etc.

Ted