Subject: Re: bug#23738: [feature request] eww allow multiple buffer

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 17:31:52 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think there are several use cases. I've given my suggestions:
>
> 1) open a new buffer directly to a hostname or "go to" a URL: use that
> hostname in the buffer title
>
> 2) follow a link to the same host (or domain) in a EWW buffer: leave the
> buffer title
>
> 3) follow a link to a different host (or domain) in a EWW buffer: drop
> the buffer title and just make it a number or something unique

Yeah, I think this is a probably the best way to deal with it.  That is:
If you've opened a "domain-named" eww buffer (which is now the case with
NEW-WINDOW), then eww will have to change the name of the buffer if you
follow a link to a different domain.  But perhaps just keep renaming it
based on the new domain instead of reverting to <number>?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no