Subject: Re: bug#23738: [feature request] eww allow multiple buffer

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 14:52:58 -0500

On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 23:41:40 +0100 Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote: 

LI> Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]> writes:
>> What happens when I navigate to another site in the same buffer?  Then
>> the buffer name is deceptive.  Both s and S show the site and/or title,
>> and the header line of the eww buffer always has both, so this change seems
>> strange IMHO.

LI> Hm, yes, that's true.  And changing the name of the buffer as you follow
LI> links isn't very nice, either.  I think.

LI> Hm...  so perhaps I should revert that change unless anybody has any
LI> other thoughts on this...

I think there are several use cases. I've given my suggestions:

1) open a new buffer directly to a hostname or "go to" a URL: use that
hostname in the buffer title

2) follow a link to the same host (or domain) in a EWW buffer: leave the
buffer title

3) follow a link to a different host (or domain) in a EWW buffer: drop
the buffer title and just make it a number or something unique

Ted