Subject: Re: bug#23738: [feature request] eww allow multiple buffer

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 20:50:07 +0100

Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]> writes:

> What happens when I navigate to another site in the same buffer?  Then
> the buffer name is deceptive.  Both s and S show the site and/or title,
> and the header line of the eww buffer always has both, so this change seems
> strange IMHO.

On the other hand, we also have other buffers that have names that
may become misleading after a while.  For instance:

(buffer-name) -> "*unsent wide reply to Mark Oteiza*"

Even if I remove you from the headers, the buffer doesn't change name.
:-)  So there's precedence.

Another option is to say that if the user has called eww in
open-in-a-new-window-mode, then all further RETs in the buffer should
also pop to new windows...  Then the buffer name would always be
correct.

The third option is to always rename the buffer in these cases.

The fourth is to revert to the previous meaningless buffer names, i.e.,
*eww*<254> etc.

Opinions?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no