Subject: 25.0.94; In dired, under Winodws, "." and ".." has swapped places

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 13:43:44 +0200

Hi!

In Dired, the entry for "." used to be before "..". However, now, when
running under Windows, they have swapped places, as is:

  drwxrwxrwx  1 andersl Domain Users     0 02-26 16:28 ..
  drwxrwxrwx  1 andersl Domain Users  4096 03-11 11:52 .

Clearly, this is not the end of the world, but a bit annoying when you are
accustomed to go up in the directory tree by pressing RET on the second
line.

Steps to repeat:

    .../emacs/bin/runemacs -Q .

    -- Anders

In GNU Emacs 25.0.94.2 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-05-26 built on KAEL
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/tmp/emacs --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -fomit-frame-pointer -g0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: SVE
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils dired time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify dbusbind w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 90383 8171)
 (symbols 56 19667 0)
 (miscs 48 42 127)
 (strings 32 15917 4791)
 (string-bytes 1 436572)
 (vectors 16 11728)
 (vector-slots 8 422955 6041)
 (floats 8 160 40)
 (intervals 56 497 77)
 (buffers 976 14))