Subject: bug#23735: closed (Re: bug#23735: 25.0.94; In dired, under Winodws, "." and ".." has swapped places)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2016 13:47:02 +0000

Your bug report

#23735: 25.0.94; In dired, under Winodws, "." and ".." has swapped places

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23735: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23735
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23735: 25.0.94; In dired, under Winodws, "." and ".." has swapped places
From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 15:46:30 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>
> That's because ls-lisp-UCA-like-collation is non-nil by default.  This
> is a side effect.
>
> I suggest to get used to it, because the results with other names that
> include punctuation characters are useful.  Or you can turn that off
> and get the old behavior.
>

Thanks! Bug closed.

    -- Anders

Subject: 25.0.94; In dired, under Winodws, "." and ".." has swapped places
From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 13:43:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

In Dired, the entry for "." used to be before "..". However, now, when
running under Windows, they have swapped places, as is:

  drwxrwxrwx  1 andersl Domain Users     0 02-26 16:28 ..
  drwxrwxrwx  1 andersl Domain Users  4096 03-11 11:52 .

Clearly, this is not the end of the world, but a bit annoying when you are
accustomed to go up in the directory tree by pressing RET on the second
line.

Steps to repeat:

    .../emacs/bin/runemacs -Q .

    -- Anders

In GNU Emacs 25.0.94.2 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-05-26 built on KAEL
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/tmp/emacs --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -fomit-frame-pointer -g0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: SVE
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list... [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils dired time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify dbusbind w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 90383 8171)
 (symbols 56 19667 0)
 (miscs 48 42 127)
 (strings 32 15917 4791)
 (string-bytes 1 436572)
 (vectors 16 11728)
 (vector-slots 8 422955 6041)
 (floats 8 160 40)
 (intervals 56 497 77)
 (buffers 976 14))