Subject: bug#23709: 24.5; inhibit-eol-conversion breaks archive-7z-summarize

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 17:50:16 -0400

M-x set-variable inhibit-eol-conversion t

Then try to open a 7z file. The expected summary does not appear. In the
*Messages* buffer (quoted below) you can see that the re-search-forward
call in archive-7z-summarize is confused by the ^M in the output of the
7za command. Perhaps adding inhibit-eol-conversion nil to that function's
let block would be in order?

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2015-04-12 on KAEL
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/z/emacs --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-wide-int
 --with-jpeg --with-xpm --with-png --with-tiff --with-rsvg --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-sound=yes --with-file-notification=yes
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-Ofast
 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -g0 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-static-libgcc
 -static-libstdc++ -static -s -Wl,-s''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...
Parsing archive file...
File mode specification error: (search-failed "^-----+
")
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
You can run the command `view-lossage' with C-h l
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils arc-mode archive-mode help-mode cus-edit easymenu
wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib cus-start cus-load help-fns time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 96517 6281)
 (symbols 56 19445 0)
 (miscs 48 38 117)
 (strings 32 16504 3894)
 (string-bytes 1 432330)
 (vectors 16 10255)
 (vector-slots 8 388189 6479)
 (floats 8 67 162)
 (intervals 56 240 47)
 (buffers 960 14))