Subject: bug#23689: closed (Re: bug#23689: Daemon-mode on Windows - "w32-initialized" is set too early)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 01:08:02 +0000

Your bug report

#23689: Daemon-mode on Windows - "w32-initialized" is set too early

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23689: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23689
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23689: Daemon-mode on Windows - "w32-initialized" is set too early
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Moore <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 02:07:07 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Paul Moore <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> I do appreciate all of the help you've given - and I completely
>>> respect the fact that you don't want to get sucked into what's
>>> essentially a spacemacs issue. But if you have any further suggestions
>>> on how something like this *should* be handled, I'd appreciate them.
>>
>> Sorry, I don't know enough about spacemacs to tell anything else.
>
> No problem. And now that you pointed out the part of your previous
> message that I missed, I have enough to go on.

Having read the discussion, it seems to me like there is no bug here,
so I'm closing this now.  If that's incorrect, please reopen the bug
report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: Daemon-mode on Windows - "w32-initialized" is set too early
From: Paul Moore <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 11:33:00 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When Emacs starts in daemon mode on Windows, "w32-initialized" is set
to "t" right at the start - before the window system is initialized.
Specifically, before (find-font) will work correctly.

To demonstrate, start Emacs in daemon mode, with a .emacs.d/init.el
containing a statement at the top to display the value of
"w32-initialized". The value "t" is shown.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.93.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-04-23 built on KAEL
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/tmp/emacs --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -fomit-frame-pointer -g0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  auto-compile-mode: t
  elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
  goto-address-prog-mode: t
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  auto-highlight-symbol-mode: t
  clean-aindent-mode: t
  highlight-numbers-mode: t
  highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-flx-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  window-numbering-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  spaceline-info-mode: t
  spaceline-helm-mode: t
  smooth-scrolling-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  popwin-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  page-break-lines-mode: t
  Info-breadcrumbs-in-mode-line-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  global-evil-search-highlight-persist: t
  evil-search-highlight-persist: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  evil-escape-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  eval-sexp-fu-flash-mode: t
  spacemacs-leader-override-mode: t
  global-spacemacs-leader-override-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent messages:
SPC ESC is undefined
Type y, n, ! or SPC (the space bar):
SPC n ESC is undefined
mode-line-point-position enabled.
mode-line-point-position disabled.
Quit
mode-line-point-position enabled.
Quit
mode-line-point-position disabled.
Type M-x delete-other-windows to remove help window.
mwheel-scroll: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/UK03306/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20160530.424/helm-multi-match
hides c:/Users/UK03306/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20160530.52/helm-multi-match

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epg
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail mail-utils novice helm-command
helm-elisp helm-eval edebug apropos auto-compile packed elisp-slime-nav
goto-addr bug-reference auto-highlight-symbol clean-aindent-mode
highlight-numbers parent-mode highlight-parentheses hideshow
rainbow-delimiters org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info
org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs two-column iso-transl helm-descbinds helm-mode
helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell
pcomplete format-spec dired-x dired-aux ffap helm-buffers helm-elscreen
helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark helm-locate
helm-grep helm-regexp helm-plugin helm-external helm-net browse-url xml
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm-flx
helm helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib dired projectile
grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer recentf tree-widget async hl-todo server
winner window-numbering etags xref project volatile-highlights undo-tree
diff spaceline-config spaceline-segments s ucs-normalize spaceline
powerline powerline-separators color powerline-themes smooth-scrolling
smartparens-config saveplace savehist popwin persp-mode page-break-lines
info+ ido-vertical-mode flx-ido flx ido exec-path-from-shell
evil-surround evil-search-highlight-persist evil-numbers evil-lisp-state
smartparens dash evil-indent-plus evil-exchange evil-escape evil-args
evil-anzu anzu info eval-sexp-fu rx highlight diminish adaptive-wrap
hybrid-mode evil-evilified-state ielm pp comint ansi-color hl-line
xt-mouse autorevert filenotify quelpa url-parse auth-source gnus-util
password-cache url-vars package-build mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr json map lisp-mnt use-package which-key bind-key bind-map
evil evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands evil-jumps
evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros
evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common windmove thingatpt rect
evil-digraphs evil-vars ring vc-git diff-mode time-date wid-edit
spacemacs-dark-theme spacemacs-common finder-inf
core-configuration-layer cl-seq ht cl warnings package epg-config seq
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv eieio-core
core-spacemacs core-use-package-ext core-micro-state corelv core-toggle
core-keybindings core-fonts-support core-spacemacs-buffer derived
edmacro kmacro core-funcs easy-mmode cl-macs gv core-themes-support
core-display-init core-auto-completion core-release-management
core-emacs-backports core-dotspacemacs core-command-line core-debug
advice profiler easymenu cl-loaddefs cl-lib subr-x pcase mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify dbusbind w32
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 638422 642621)
 (symbols 56 52659 47)
 (miscs 48 502 1408)
 (strings 32 115680 289769)
 (string-bytes 1 3503362)
 (vectors 16 76740)
 (vector-slots 8 1327928 388588)
 (floats 8 2128 6063)
 (intervals 56 1943 2017)
 (buffers 976 21))