Subject: bug#23689: Daemon-mode on Windows - "w32-initialized" is set too early

From: Paul Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 12:11:45 +0100

On 15 June 2016 at 08:08, Paul Moore <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Make a fontset that includes all these fonts, and then use the fontset
>> name in the default-frame-alist's 'font' parameter.
>
> OK. Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know about that :-)

Am I doing something wrong?

(create-fontset-from-fontset-spec
"-*-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-24-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-xxx")
(set-fontset-font "fontset-xxx" nil "Source Code Pro-14")
(set-fontset-font "fontset-xxx" nil "DejaVu Sans Mono-14" nil 'append)
(set-fontset-font "fontset-xxx" nil "Consolas-14" nil 'append)
(set-fontset-font "fontset-xxx" nil "Courier New-14" nil 'append)
(setq default-frame-alist '((font . "fontset-xxx") (vertical-scroll-bars)))

If I then create a new frame, I get the error "Font 'fontset-xxx' is
not defined".

The font parameter for a frame is documented as

     The name of the font for displaying text in the frame.  This is a
     string, either a valid font name for your system or the name of an
     Emacs fontset (*note Fontsets::).  It is equivalent to the ‘font’
     attribute of the ‘default’ face.

Am I not using a correct fontset name here?

Paul