Subject: bug#23689: Daemon-mode on Windows - "w32-initialized" is set too early

From: Paul Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 19:20:27 +0100

On 14 June 2016 at 18:10, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> What we're doing is attempting to select a font from a list provided
>> by the user.
>
> What do you mean by "select a font"?  If the font you want to use is
> known in advance, then a parameter in default-frame-alist should be
> all you need.  If the font is not known in advance, then how do you
> "select" it?

The user supplies a *list* of fonts. The code then goes through those
fonts in turn, checking (via find-font) whether the font exists, and
if it does, then sets it as the frame font and adds it to
default-frame-alist for the future.

The point here is for users who want to move their config between
machines, and don't always have the same fonts installed - so they
would typically put their preferred font first in the list, with
fallback options following.

Paul