Subject: 25.0.94; Emacsclient doesn't raise frame on win32

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 09:55:26 +0200

Hi!

When running under MS-Windows, `emacsclient' doesn't raise the Emacs frame
above other non-Emacs windows. Under other system (like NS) it does.

    runemacs -Q
    M-x start-server RET
    Place another window on top of the Emacs frame
    In a command-line window: emacslient . RET

Now, the Emacs icon in the Windows task bar is highlighted. When clicking
on it, the entry for the frame blinks. However, the Emacs frame is still
behind the other window.

What I expected was that the frame should be brought to the front.

I also noticed that on Windows, `(raise-frame)' only raises the Emacs frame
above other Emacs frames but not above other non-Emacs windows.

    -- Anders Lindgren

In GNU Emacs 25.0.94.2 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-05-26 built on KAEL
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/tmp/emacs --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -fomit-frame-pointer -g0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND DBUS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: SVE
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
When done with a buffer, type C-x # [2 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils dired server time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify dbusbind w32
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 91203 6862)
 (symbols 56 19738 0)
 (miscs 48 49 215)
 (strings 32 16268 4905)
 (string-bytes 1 449333)
 (vectors 16 11872)
 (vector-slots 8 424457 5050)
 (floats 8 160 98)
 (intervals 56 505 47)
 (buffers 976 15))