Subject: bug#23674: 25.0.93; Daemon mode on Windows

From: Paul Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 19:40:34 +0100

On 1 June 2016 at 18:38, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I think this is how daemon mode works on all platforms, not just MS Windows.

Hmm, OK. My misunderstanding, I guess.

The test I'd used was checking for the existence of a font against
different frames:

(mapcar (lambda (f)
    (if
      (find-font (font-spec :name "DejaVu Sans Mono") (car
(visible-frame-list)))
      "Yes"
    "No"))
    (visible-frame-list))

This gives ("No" "Yes") on Windows. I've just fired up a Linux system
and checked, though, and it appears to do the same there. From
problems I was getting copying configurations from people (presumably)
working on Linux, I thought that was the issue. There must have been
some other problem.

My apologies for not testing out on Linux before posting the report,
and thanks for the confirmation that this is working correctly.
Paul