Subject: 25.0.94; unitialized package specific menus

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 15:02:40 -0700

I am not observing the problem on Fedora 23 x86-64. My Emacs 
configuration (see below) is similar to yours, except that Fedora 23 
uses GTK+ 3.18.9 rather than your GTK+ 3.20.4. Also, I am not running 
under Wayland and I am using the Gnome desktop manager; this may be 
relevant.

Do you observe a similar problem with Emacs 24.5 when built in your GTK+ 
3.20.4 environment?

Is the problem related to which theme you select?

In GNU Emacs 25.0.94.7 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
  of 2016-06-01 built on penguin.cs.ucla.edu
Repository revision: 9c28e70b4b4b1887030e41103b5f6dd8304585e6
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11803000
Configured using:
  'configure --enable-gcc-warnings'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix