Subject: unexaix.c requires ADDR_CORRECT to build on AIX 5.3 using XL C 10.1

From: Criveti Mihai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 01:24:38 +0200

diff unexaix.c.old unexaix.c
60a61,63
> #undef ADDR_CORRECT
> #define ADDR_CORRECT(x) ((int)(x))
>

This error is corrected with the patch above:

cmihai@phobos:/home/cmihai/packaging/emacs-cvs/emacs$ make
boot=bootstrap-emacs;                         \
       if [ -x "src/$boot" ]; then boot=""; fi;                   \
       cd lib-src; gmake all                            \
         CC='xlc -q64' CFLAGS='-O3 -qnoansialias -brtl -bexpfull -I
/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/freeware/include'
CPPFLAGS='-ma -qmaxmem=4000  ' \
         LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/lib
-L/opt/freeware/lib -bbigtoc' MAKE='gmake' BOOTSTRAPEMACS="$boot"
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/cmihai/packaging/emacs-cvs/emacs/lib-src'
gmake[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cmihai/packaging/emacs-cvs/emacs/lib-src'
boot=bootstrap-emacs;                         \
       if [ -x "src/$boot" ]; then boot=""; fi;                   \
       cd src; gmake all                            \
         CC='xlc -q64' CFLAGS='-O3 -qnoansialias -brtl -bexpfull -I
/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/freeware/include'
CPPFLAGS='-ma -qmaxmem=4000  ' \
         LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/lib
-L/opt/freeware/lib -bbigtoc' MAKE='gmake' BOOTSTRAPEMACS="$boot"
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/cmihai/packaging/emacs-cvs/emacs/src'
echo "dispnew.o frame.o scroll.o xdisp.o menu.o  window.o charset.o
coding.o category.o ccl.o character.o chartab.o cm.o term.o terminal.o
xfaces.o    emacs.o keyboard.o macros.o keymap.o sysdep.o buffer.o
filelock.o insdel.o marker.o minibuf.o fileio.o dired.o filemode.o
cmds.o casetab.o casefiddle.o indent.o search.o regex.o undo.o alloc.o
data.o doc.o editfns.o callint.o eval.o floatfns.o fns.o font.o
print.o lread.o syntax.o unexaix.o bytecode.o process.o callproc.o
region-cache.o sound.o atimer.o doprnt.o strftime.o intervals.o
textprop.o composite.o md5.o     terminfo.o lastfile.o gmalloc.o
ralloc.o vm-limit.o  mktime.o getloadavg.o "  > buildobj.lst
xlc -q64  -Wl,-bnodelcsect  -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/lib
-L/opt/freeware/lib -bbigtoc \
          -o temacs  dispnew.o frame.o scroll.o xdisp.o menu.o
window.o charset.o coding.o category.o ccl.o character.o chartab.o
cm.o term.o terminal.o xfaces.o    emacs.o keyboard.o macros.o
keymap.o sysdep.o buffer.o filelock.o insdel.o marker.o minibuf.o
fileio.o dired.o filemode.o cmds.o casetab.o casefiddle.o indent.o
search.o regex.o undo.o alloc.o data.o doc.o editfns.o callint.o
eval.o floatfns.o fns.o font.o print.o lread.o syntax.o unexaix.o
bytecode.o process.o callproc.o region-cache.o sound.o atimer.o
doprnt.o strftime.o intervals.o textprop.o composite.o md5.o
terminfo.o lastfile.o gmalloc.o ralloc.o vm-limit.o  mktime.o
getloadavg.o  \
                 -lrts -lIM -liconv -lbsd -lcurses   -lm
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .ADDR_CORRECT
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.
gmake[1]: *** [temacs] Error 8
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cmihai/packaging/emacs-cvs/emacs/src'
gmake: *** [src] Error 2

(Sorry if it's a duplicate, I didn't see my previous mail arrive or on
the list).

There are some other issues with
/home/cmihai/packaging/emacs-cvs/emacs/lisp/international/characters.el
and Japanese that keep it from building, but you can get over those
for the moment by skipping their build.

GNU Emacs 23.0.90.1 (powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0) of 2009-02-18 on phobos

-- 
Mihai Criveti