Subject: Re: bug#23632: 25.1.50; Gratuitous undo boundary in latex-insert-block

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 19:22:35 +0300

> From: [email-masked] (Phillip Lord)
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 16:38:54 +0100
> 
> > Can you summarize its effect?  It doesn't disable undo in recursive
> > editing, does it?
> 
> No. It limits the addition of undo-boundaries to those buffers that have
> changed in at the same level of recursion. So, for example, undo will
> function in mini-buffer during completing-read, but changes in the
> mini-buffer will not result in the addition of undo-boundaries to
> buffers that changed during the command that lead to the
> completing-read.

I guess I'm still confused a bit, because now I'm not sure what
difference does the change make.  Does it record each change only
once, where previously we could record it several times?  If not, what
does the above-mentioned limitation achieve, in terms of user-visible
effects?