Subject: bug#23625: viper-tests.el fails in master

From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 14:14:44 +0100

On Thu 26 May 2016, Paul Eggert wrote:

> Phillip, I just now merged emacs-25 into master and fixed all the merge
> conflicts that were easy, but one problem remains: viper-tests, which you
> recently introduced to emacs-25, fails in the new master. Could you please
> look into this? I don't offhand know what viper-tests is supposed to do and
> don't know how to interpret the test failures. Thanks.
>
> The symptoms with Emacs master commit 9a834970e822db10bc887db343fd8561a3639a66
> compiled for Fedora 23 x86-64, are that 'make check' fails with the attached
> output seemingly being the relevant part of the output. This attachment
> contains some control characters; I hope they survive the email process.
>
> (Is there any way to fix the test so that it outputs ordinary text when it
> fails?)

The control characters are from backtraces in the log - I assuem that
this is the bytecode representation from compiled elisp files.

    AndyM