Subject: bug#23617: PATCH (25.1.50; Ibuffer in other window)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 19:14:51 +0300

> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 11:56:13 -0400
> 
> > Any reason why you cherry-picked that from master to the release
> > branch?
> 
> It's a trivial bug fix / harmless improvement, which I had marked as
> fixed in 25.2, and personally I think such meta-data is important.
> It was that or change the bug fixed version, frankly this was less work.
> Same for the other two.

If that's the reason, please revert them.  They don't fit the purpose
of the 25.2 release, which is ti be a bug-fix only release to be put
out the door as quickly as we can.

For future reference, I tried to describe what should go into emacs-25
here:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-10/msg00007.html

No one objected, so I guess these should be our criteria for 25.2.

Thanks.