Subject: bug#23610: 25.0.94; c++-mode doesn't fontify typename... like typename

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 May 2016 12:57:17 -0000

Hello, Ivan.

In article <[email-masked]> you wrote:
> Starting with emacs -Q, Y is not fontified in the snippet below, whereas
> X is.

I'm not all that familiar with variadic templates.  In the declaration
below, is the "..." token syntactically part of "typename..." or is
better regarded as part of "... Y"?

I also need to get a feel for what keywords can come before the "...".
Obviously "typename", but what about things like "class"?

Do you know of a good web page where these things are explained
completely and concisely, yet readably?  If so, please tell me!

> -Ivan

> template <typename X, typename... Y>
> class bob {

> };

> In GNU Emacs 25.0.94.2 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.4.0, NS appkit-1404.46
> Version 10.11.4 (Build 15E65))
> of 2016-05-22 built on iandrus-osx
> Repository revision: ae8352b8219b3d40f70fda8986ae86fbef7322fb
> Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
> Configured using:
> 'configure --with-ns --with-modules
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/X11/lib/pkgconfig'

[ .... ]

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).