Subject: bug#23609: 25.0.92; Python eldoc freeze

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 21:41:35 +0300

> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 11:42:22 -0400
> 
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > Please don't add this bug to the list of those which block 25.1
> > without discussing that here first.
> 
> That's a new rule.

No, it isn't.  I was asked whether the bug should block, and answered
that it shouldn't, providing my rationale.  Given that answer, common
sense would have it that adding the bug to the list without discussion
is not TRT.

> It's a bad regression that could easily be worked around by defaulting
> eldoc mode to off in python mode. That could be done very easily.

That a bug doesn't block the release doesn't mean it cannot be easily
fixed, or that a fix won't be accepted on the release branch.  I said
that as well back when I was asked.