Subject: Re: bug#23609: 25.0.92; Python eldoc freeze

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 19:48:59 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 19:37:57 +0300
> 
> On 05/26/2016 07:31 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > Not IMO, since an easy workaround is available.
> 
> Disabling eldoc-mode? It's cutting off a very handy feature.

A feature that wasn't turned on in 24.5, and whose turning on exposed
this bug.  At least that's my understanding.

If I'm right, then either this isn't a regression, or a regression
with an easy workaround.

Which doesn't mean we shouldn't try fixing this bug, just that it is
not critical enough to delay the release if not fixed.  Motivated
volunteers are very much encouraged to work on a fix; if that fix is
safe, I see no reason not to accept it on the release branch.

Thanks.