Subject: Re: 25.1.50; encode-time returns wrong result

From: Kazuhiro Ito <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 02:54:43 +0100

> Thanks for the bug report. This appears to be due to an incompatibility
> between MS-Windows and POSIX that I didn't know about. Please try the
> attached patch. I have not tested or installed this (I don't use
> MS-Windows).

Thank you for the fix.  The problem I showed in the bug report seems
to be resolved.  But there still be a problem related timezone (I
dont' know whether it is the same problem).  With your patch, the
below code returns unexpected result.

(list (progn (set-time-zone-rule 0)
	     (current-time-zone))
      (progn (set-time-zone-rule "JST-9")
	     (current-time-zone))
      (progn (set-time-zone-rule "<JST>-9")
	     (current-time-zone)))

-> ((0 "ZZZ") (0 "ZZZ") (32400 "JST"))

I want it to return '((0 "ZZZ") (32400 "JST") (32400 "JST"))'.

-- 
Kazuhiro Ito