Subject: Re: bug#23599: Including search directories for pdf and dvi

From: Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 03:08:19 +0200

Hello,

Mohammad Akhlaghi <[email-masked]> writes:

> I currently have a workaround for this problem (copying or making a
> symbolic link from the `bootstrapped/doc/fdl.texi' to the
> `doc/fdl.texi' during the bootstrap process), however, this is not
> elegant! This file is a bootstrapped file and it would be much better
> and clear if it remains with the other bootstrapped files.
>
> If I am doing something wrong or missing something, I would really
> appreciate it if you could let me know.  Since the `AM_MAKEINFOFLAGS'
> solution works in making Info and HTML outputs for this situation, but
> not in pdf or dvi outputs, I thought it might be a bug and I am
> sharing it with you here to see if you agree and if it is possible to
> fix this problem.

I haved faced the same type of problem when trying to include a texi
fragment generated at configure time in "$(top_builddir)/doc" and
setting 'AM_MAKEINFOFLAGS = -I doc'.  My ugly workaround is to override
TEXI2DVI variable like this:

  TEXI2DVI = texi2dvi -I doc

After a quick look at $(datadir)/automake-1.15/am/texibuild.am' and
'$(bindir)/texi2dvi', my guess is that 'texi2dvi' no longer handles
passing arguments via the MAKEINFO shell variable, which is the way
Automake passes AM_MAKEINFOFLAGS content to it.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

-- 
Mathieu Lirzin