Subject: bug#23598: 25.0.94; linum

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 08:59:35 +0200

Good morning,

1. When I turn on line numbers (with linum-mode), scrolling a large org 
file is
very slow. This only happens when the org sections are folded and not 
fully
expanded.
2. With some themes, the line numbers are also truncated.  Example 
(theme
monokai): http://i.imgur.com/gkY8FGn.png

Example org file:
https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs/blob/master/doc/DOCUMENTATION.org

In GNU Emacs 25.0.94.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
  of 2016-05-22 built on workstation
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.11803000
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
   value of $LC_COLLATE: C
   value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
   linum-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
next-line: End of buffer [3 times]
Linum mode enabled in current buffer
previous-line: Beginning of buffer
next-line: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode mail-prsvr mail-utils linum
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util
org-docview doc-view subr-x jka-compr image-mode dired cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu
calendar cal-loaddefs time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 174600 18527)
  (symbols 48 26303 0)
  (miscs 40 8375 87)
  (strings 32 41745 6677)
  (string-bytes 1 1131856)
  (vectors 16 18240)
  (vector-slots 8 496159 4019)
  (floats 8 212 79)
  (intervals 56 6263 0)
  (buffers 976 12)
  (heap 1024 52971 1522))