Subject: bug#23593: 25.0.94; report-emacs-bug and Gnus error

From: Live System User <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 05:03:20 -0400

Hi,

I tried to send an email message using `report-emacs-bug' and got
the following *Backtrace*  (see below).

My `nndraft-directory is:

nndraft-directory is a variable defined in ‘nndraft.el’.
Its value is "~/News/drafts/"

Documentation:
Where nndraft will store its files.

This is a Gnus server variable.  See Info node ‘(gnus)Select Methods’.

[back]

The Emacs report-emacs-bug draft email was created and does exists:

liveuser@localhost:~$ ls -l ~/News/drafts/drafts/16 
-rw-rw-r--. 1 liveuser liveuser 7080 May 21 03:40
/home/liveuser/News/drafts/drafts/16

so I'm not sure why I got the *Backtrace*.

I was able to try again and send the `report-emacs-bug' email
successfully, but I thought I'd send this *Backtrace* anyway in case
it is useful to help Emacs bug reporting facilities (email sending
error handling) and/or Gnus interaction.

Thanks.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nndraft-directory)
  expand-file-name(nndraft-directory)
  nnmail-group-pathname("drafts" nndraft-directory)
  nnmh-possibly-change-directory("drafts" nil)
  nnmh-request-expire-articles((16) "drafts" nil t)
  apply(nnmh-request-expire-articles ((16) "drafts" nil t))
  nnoo-parent-function(nndraft nnmh-request-expire-articles ((16) "drafts" nil t))
  nndraft-request-expire-articles((16) "drafts" nil t)
  message-disassociate-draft()
  message-send((4))
  message-send-and-exit((4))
  funcall-interactively(message-send-and-exit (4))
  call-interactively(message-send-and-exit nil nil)
  command-execute(message-send-and-exit)

In GNU Emacs 25.0.94.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2016-05-18 built on copr-builder-587584625.novalocal
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11799901
Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -m64 -mtune=generic' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Decrypting /home/liveuser/.authinfo.gpg...done
Save auth info to file ~/.authinfo.gpg? [y/n/N/e/?] n
250 2.1.0 Ok
250 2.1.5 Ok
354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
Sending email 
Sending email done
250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as E820838000089
221 2.0.0 Bye
Sending...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(gnus-score score-mode rfc2104 network-stream nsm starttls mailalias
smtpmail pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail epa-file epa derived
auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv
eieio-core cl-macs gv sieve sieve-mode sieve-manage nnir gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls
gnutls utf7 netrc parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message dired
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems wid-edit nnoo
nnheader gnus-util mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 144692 15978)
 (symbols 48 26150 1)
 (miscs 40 60 237)
 (strings 32 32115 4310)
 (string-bytes 1 1037544)
 (vectors 16 19837)
 (vector-slots 8 517801 9974)
 (floats 8 302 462)
 (intervals 56 892 0)
 (buffers 976 17)
 (heap 1024 42740 5357))