Subject: bug#2359 closed by Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#2359: Emacs fails to compile on AIX 5.3 with XL C 10.1, due to missing #define ADDR_CORRECT in unexaix.c; patch attached)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 08:55:10 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#2359: Emacs fails to compile on AIX 5.3 with XL C 10.1, due to missing  #define ADDR_CORRECT in unexaix.c; patch attached

It has been closed by Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
2359: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2359
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#2359: Emacs fails to compile on AIX 5.3 with XL C 10.1, due to missing #define ADDR_CORRECT in unexaix.c; patch attached
From: Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]>
To: Criveti Mihai <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 00:49:06 -0800 (PST)

Criveti Mihai <[email-masked]> writes:

  > diff unexaix.c.old unexaix.c
  > 60a61,63
  > > #undef ADDR_CORRECT
  > > #define ADDR_CORRECT(x) ((int)(x))
  > >

Thanks.  I checked in a fix.

Subject: Emacs fails to compile on AIX 5.3 with XL C 10.1, due to missing #define ADDR_CORRECT in unexaix.c; patch attached
From: Criveti Mihai <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:48:25 +0200

diff unexaix.c.old unexaix.c
60a61,63
> #undef ADDR_CORRECT
> #define ADDR_CORRECT(x) ((int)(x))
>

This error is corrected with the patch above:

cmihai@phobos:/home/cmihai/packaging/emacs-cvs/emacs$ gmake
boot=bootstrap-emacs;                         \
        if [ -x "src/$boot" ]; then boot=""; fi;                   \
        cd lib-src; gmake all                            \
          CC='xlc -q64' CFLAGS='-O3 -qnoansialias -brtl -bexpfull -I
/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/freeware/include'
CPPFLAGS='-ma -qmaxmem=4000  ' \
          LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/lib
-L/opt/freeware/lib -bbigtoc' MAKE='gmake' BOOTSTRAPEMACS="$boot"
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/cmihai/packaging/emacs-cvs/emacs/lib-src'
gmake[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cmihai/packaging/emacs-cvs/emacs/lib-src'
boot=bootstrap-emacs;                         \
        if [ -x "src/$boot" ]; then boot=""; fi;                   \
        cd src; gmake all                            \
          CC='xlc -q64' CFLAGS='-O3 -qnoansialias -brtl -bexpfull -I
/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/freeware/include'
CPPFLAGS='-ma -qmaxmem=4000  ' \
          LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/lib
-L/opt/freeware/lib -bbigtoc' MAKE='gmake' BOOTSTRAPEMACS="$boot"
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/cmihai/packaging/emacs-cvs/emacs/src'
echo "dispnew.o frame.o scroll.o xdisp.o menu.o  window.o charset.o
coding.o category.o ccl.o character.o chartab.o cm.o term.o terminal.o
xfaces.o    emacs.o keyboard.o macros.o keymap.o sysdep.o buffer.o
filelock.o insdel.o marker.o minibuf.o fileio.o dired.o filemode.o
cmds.o casetab.o casefiddle.o indent.o search.o regex.o undo.o alloc.o
data.o doc.o editfns.o callint.o eval.o floatfns.o fns.o font.o
print.o lread.o syntax.o unexaix.o bytecode.o process.o callproc.o
region-cache.o sound.o atimer.o doprnt.o strftime.o intervals.o
textprop.o composite.o md5.o     terminfo.o lastfile.o gmalloc.o
ralloc.o vm-limit.o  mktime.o getloadavg.o "  > buildobj.lst
xlc -q64  -Wl,-bnodelcsect  -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/lib
-L/opt/freeware/lib -bbigtoc \
           -o temacs  dispnew.o frame.o scroll.o xdisp.o menu.o
window.o charset.o coding.o category.o ccl.o character.o chartab.o
cm.o term.o terminal.o xfaces.o    emacs.o keyboard.o macros.o
keymap.o sysdep.o buffer.o filelock.o insdel.o marker.o minibuf.o
fileio.o dired.o filemode.o cmds.o casetab.o casefiddle.o indent.o
search.o regex.o undo.o alloc.o data.o doc.o editfns.o callint.o
eval.o floatfns.o fns.o font.o print.o lread.o syntax.o unexaix.o
bytecode.o process.o callproc.o region-cache.o sound.o atimer.o
doprnt.o strftime.o intervals.o textprop.o composite.o md5.o
terminfo.o lastfile.o gmalloc.o ralloc.o vm-limit.o  mktime.o
getloadavg.o  \
                  -lrts -lIM -liconv -lbsd -lcurses   -lm
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .ADDR_CORRECT
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.
gmake[1]: *** [temacs] Error 8
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cmihai/packaging/emacs-cvs/emacs/src'
gmake: *** [src] Error 2