Subject: Re: bug#23582: Test failure on "make check" from a fresh git checkout (commit 9684e30b9b597b93ae9c797ba8f3b40eff893ebe)

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 20:42:05 +0200

Hi Ludovic,

 > Could you show the output of “uname -srvo” on this machine?  What
> distribution does it run?

$ uname -srvo
Linux 4.4.0-22-generic #40-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 12 22:03:46 UTC 2016 GNU/Linux

The base system is Ubuntu 16.04, to which I added the Guix binary 
distribution 0.10.

> Also, from the top-level build directory, could you run:
>
>    ./pre-inst-env strace -f -s 234 -o log \
>       guix environment --container --ad-hoc --bootstrap guile-bootstrap \
>       -- guile -c '(exit 42)'

$ guix environment guix

[dev] $ ./pre-inst-env strace -f -s 234 -o log guix environment 
--container --ad-hoc --bootstrap guile-bootstrap -- guile -c '(exit 42)'
guix environment: error: failed to connect to 
`/usr/local/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': No such file or directory

The log file is attached, but I somehow suspect that the above error 
message already suggests what's going on - but not to me!

Konrad.