Subject: bug#23581: Grafted binaries crash

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 11:12:02 +0200

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> ludo@pluto ~$ guix build evince 
> /gnu/store/kj8hfbwwg6vpzf1ryzdl514xbziml7y6-evince-3.20.0

This Evince has 3 grafts applied:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
ludo@pluto ~/src/guix$ grep '(replacement [a-z]' gnu/packages/*.scm
gnu/packages/backup.scm:    (replacement libarchive/fixed)
gnu/packages/openldap.scm:   (replacement openldap-2.4.44)
gnu/packages/pcre.scm:   (replacement pcre-fixed)
gnu/packages/tls.scm:    (replacement libtasn1/fixed)
gnu/packages/tls.scm:   (replacement openssl/fixed)
ludo@pluto ~/src/guix$ guix gc -R /gnu/store/kj8hfbwwg6vpzf1ryzdl514xbziml7y6-evince-3.20.0 |grep -E '(tasn|openldap|pcre|libarchive|openssl)'
/gnu/store/8abg63ynmsq2yxdk4zzhljj20436zvwq-openssl-1.0.2g
/gnu/store/yvbr4gi6phn3rnwvynscwgcddqf9cd8f-pcre-8.38
/gnu/store/r9swffa651bgq4cvjgh81h6aqqzgwkjf-libtasn1-4.7
/gnu/store/grv5viahihlzfc7cr86ryzhfyipj7qyh-pcre-8.38
ludo@pluto ~/src/guix$ guix build pcre
/gnu/store/grv5viahihlzfc7cr86ryzhfyipj7qyh-pcre-8.38
/gnu/store/1f9mp79lrqnivsrx7pjiwiqk85pphiag-pcre-8.38-doc
ludo@pluto ~/src/guix$ guix build pcre --no-grafts
/gnu/store/yvbr4gi6phn3rnwvynscwgcddqf9cd8f-pcre-8.38
/gnu/store/lk98q534cylzsydcpcwfix78jyiiizwr-pcre-8.38-doc
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

That we see 2 PCREs is due to <http://bugs.gnu.org/23132> and might
explain the problem.

Ludo’.