Subject: bug#23572: Emacs segfaults at start since commit '374f6a5f3...'

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 May 2016 18:14:08 -0000

In article <[email-masked]> you wrote:
> Vladimir Lomov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I faced with emacs segfault on start. I compiled emacs from git commit
>> '07ebcf1bd...' on my system: Archlinux x86_64, gcc 6.1.1 and run it in
>> terminal and it segfaulted, see attached output from GDB and valgrind.
>> While emacs compiled from git commit '6f5db0255...' works fine, so I
>> suspect that commit '374f6a5f3...' has introduced some bug or was
>> incompleted.

> For what it is worth, I see the same crash, but I suspect my setup is very
> similar to Vladimir’s.

I'm afraid I'm one of these strange people who don't have a memory for
the heads of 40-digit hex hashes.

Do you think one of you might decipher these hashes for people like me?
Something like a date and the first line of the commit message would be
ideal.

Thanks!

> Thanks,
> Rasmus

> -- 
> Don't panic!!!

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).