Subject: bug#23561: epg tests are (almost) always skipped

From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 10:40:49 +0900

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

>> as long as "gpg2" is GnuPG 2.0
>
> epg-config--program-alist requires gpg2 to be in the 2.1 series, so that
> seems a bit contradictory?
>
> If these are tests for gpg v1, could you not bind epg-gpg-program to
> "gpg" in epg-tests-gpg-usable and with-epg-tests (when
> require-passphrase is set)?

The problem is that some distributions rename "gpg2" to "gpg" and it's
not that simple to detect it's v1.  Maybe a better solution would be to
define `epg-config--program-alist' as a normal defvar rather than
defconst, bind it in `with-epg-tests', and find the correct gpg v1
executable.  I'll try to write a patch later today.

Regards,
-- 
Daiki Ueno