Subject: bug#2355: 23.0.60; Enabling minor-mode disables major mode

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:56:42 +0100

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 08:42, Leo <[email-masked]> wrote:

> When they contain the pseudo-variable mode specifying a minor mode, they
> behave differently.
>
> The two behaviours are as follows.

Yes, that was perfectly clear in the bug report.

> 1. put file in fundamental mode and the minor mode (when in header)
> 2. put file in a major mode by auto mode detection and the minor mode
>   (when at the end of file)
>
> This causes confusion. Do you think this is a bug?

No. It is undefined, but harmless, behavior after a user error.

> If not, I think at
> least the manual can be improved.

As I've said, I think the only way to improve the manual regarding
this issue is to make clearer that "mode:" should *not* specify a
minor mode, and that if you use it for that, you can get unexpected
behavior.

    Juanma