Subject: Re: bug#23540: 25.1.50; make-ipv4-tcp-server-with-unspecified-port fails

From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 11:09:00 -0400

On 5/15/2016 1:08 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 5/15/2016 12:15 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Ffind_operation_coding_system includes an explicit test for the 4th
>> argument to be an integer:
>>
>>   if (!(STRINGP (target)
>>     || (EQ (operation, Qinsert_file_contents) && CONSP (target)
>>         && STRINGP (XCAR (target)) && BUFFERP (XCDR (target)))
>>     || (EQ (operation, Qopen_network_stream) && INTEGERP (target))))
>>             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>     error ("Invalid argument %"pI"d of operation `%s'",
>>        XFASTINT (target_idx) + 1, SDATA (SYMBOL_NAME (operation)));
>>
>> This should obviously be augmented, now that the value can also be t.
>
> Presumably the documentation of open-network-stream should also be
> updated to reflect this.  I hesitate to do this myself without knowing
> for sure that t is an acceptable value for all calls to
> open-network-stream.  I'd rather leave it for someone more familiar with
> the code, like Lars.

I went ahead and installed the obvious fix, to get rid of the test 
failure.  I'm leaving the bug open because someone knowledgeable still 
needs to update the documentation of open-network-stream.

Ken