Subject: bug#23522: 25.0.93; SEGFAULT when displaying HELLO

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 23:28:50 +0300

> From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 15:58:43 -0400
> 
> (gdb) up
> #4  0x00000000006b47e2 in ftfont_shape_by_flt (lgstring=14496901, 
>     font=0x17b3660, ft_face=0x1739f10, otf=0x16df8d0, matrix=0x17b3758)
>     at ../../../git/emacs/src/ftfont.c:2655
> (gdb) pp lgstring
> [[#<font-object "-unknown-Lohit Gujarati-normal-normal-normal-*-13-*-*-*-*-0-iso10646-1"> 2744 2765 2724 2759] nil [0 0 2744 98 10 0 9 8 0 nil] [1 1 2765 115 0 -4 3 0 4 nil] [2 2 2724 81 9 0 8 8 0 nil] [3 3 2759 110 0 -7 -1 12 -7 nil] nil nil nil nil]
> (gdb) 

In the above stack frame, what is the value of g->g (it's a
structure)?

The crash seems to happen when Emacs tries to display line #10 of
HELLO, which begins with " South Asia:".  The first word after that is
the one that causes the crash.  Can you look at another system, where
there's no crash, and tell which font is used for that word?

Thanks.