Subject: 25.0.93; pasting with the middle mouse button while searching doesn't work

From: [email-masked] (Jan Synáček)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 09:28:03 +0200

1) emacs -Q -nw <file> (reproduces even without -nw)
2) C-s
3) Have some text selected and click the middle mouse button.

The selected text is pasted into the buffer, not the minibuffer. Here is
what I see in lossage:

C-s [isearch-forward]
ESC [ 2 0 0 ~ [xterm-paste]
r s y n c ESC [ 2 0 1 ~ C-h l [view-lossage]

This is a regression from Emacs 24.5.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.93.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.3)
 of 2016-05-03 built on jsynacek-ntb
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11803000
System Description:	Fedora release 24 (Twenty Four)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -m64 -mtune=generic' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Haskell

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  haskell-indentation-mode: t
  erc-notifications-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
<redacted>

Load-path shadows:
/home/jsynacek/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-20160202.843/helm-multi-match hides /home/jsynacek/.emacs.d/elpa/helm-core-20160201.100/helm-multi-match

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail align linum magit-blame
magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit
magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-process magit-popup
magit-mode magit-git crm magit-section magit-utils git-commit log-edit
message idna rfc822 mml mml-sec epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async
tramp-sh server dash hippie-exp vc-git diff-mode sh-script smie
executable derived rpm-spec-mode undo-tree diff misearch multi-isearch
haskell-doc inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan imenu haskell
haskell-completions haskell-load haskell-commands highlight-uses-mode
haskell-modules haskell-sandbox haskell-repl haskell-debug
haskell-interactive-mode haskell-presentation-mode haskell-collapse
haskell-navigate-imports haskell-compile haskell-hoogle haskell-process
haskell-session json map haskell-mode haskell-font-lock
haskell-indentation haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme
haskell-align-imports haskell-compat haskell-complete-module noutline
outline flymake etags xref project dabbrev haskell-cabal haskell-utils
haskell-customize ido tramp-cache erc-desktop-notifications
notifications dbus winner helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug
helm-mode helm-files rx image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver ucs-normalize shell dired-aux ffap helm-buffers helm-elscreen
helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark helm-locate
helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse url-vars mailcap helm-types private erc-list erc-menu erc-join
erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track erc-match
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat format-spec auth-source gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
password-cache thingatpt pp helm-swoop helm-grep helm-regexp helm-plugin
helm-utils compile comint ansi-color ring helm-help helm helm-source
cl-seq eieio-compat eieio eieio-core cl-macs helm-multi-match helm-lib
geiser recentf tree-widget wid-edit edmacro kmacro dired-x dired cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs use-package diminish bind-key easy-mmode advice finder-inf
goto-chg-autoloads undo-tree-autoloads info package epg-config seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib paren time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 755528 110849)
 (symbols 48 44955 0)
 (miscs 40 304 1993)
 (strings 32 108614 21710)
 (string-bytes 1 3127236)
 (vectors 16 77284)
 (vector-slots 8 2054196 158754)
 (floats 8 521 702)
 (intervals 56 26890 825)
 (buffers 976 36)
 (heap 1024 67884 3877))

-- 
Jan Synacek
Software Engineer, Red Hat