Subject: Re: bug#23481: 25.1.50; vc-next-action cannot commit for emacs master

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 May 2016 22:15:12 +0200

On Sun, 08 May 2016 19:44:41 +0000 Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]> wrote:

>    > That's strange.  When I tried your recipe, I did see that message.
>
>
>    > Your log message should have a one-line summary line, then an empty
>    > line, then the rest of the log.  See CONTRIBUTE, where all this is
>    > explained in more detail.
>
>
>    > Put some summary text after "Summary:", then add an empty line after
>    > "Author:" (I think deleting "Author:" is also okay, but there should
>    > be an empty line after the "------" line.
>
>
> Thanks! that worked, (well git complained about some whitespace added,
> but what the heck, so I had to delete those, I presume that is for the
> diffs, ). Thanks for your help.

AFAIK it's not necessary for there to be an empty line after the line
below the "Author:" field in the *vc-log* buffer, as long as the
"Summary:" field is filled in.  At least, that's what I always do and
git has not complained to me about it.  I assume some VC code adds the
empty line when the "Summary:" field is filled in.

Steve Berman