Subject: bug#23479: closed (CRAN importer: do not print backtrace when package name is invalid)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 18:57:01 +0000

Your bug report

#23479: CRAN importer: do not print backtrace when package name is invalid

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23479: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23479
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: CRAN importer: do not print backtrace when package name is invalid
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 19:55:57 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed in commit fdbc84b056683204c5832d3740d9b109f31f7cb9.

Subject: CRAN importer: do not print backtrace when package name is invalid
From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 May 2016 18:44:12 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The CRAN importer (and possibly other importers) print ugly backtraces
when a package is to be imported that does not exist.  This can happen
when the user mistypes the name or when the package is available on
Bioconductor rather than CRAN.

To fix this we should catch 404 errors in the “fetch-description”
procedure in “guix/import/cran.scm”.

~~ Ricardo