Subject: Re: bug#23443: 25.0.93; Temporary change to syntax-table is in effect during syntax-propertize

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 14:58:24 -0400

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 05/08/2016 09:51 PM, Noam Postavsky wrote:
>
>> So yasnippet mustn't use scan-sexps whilst the syntax-table has been
>> changed?
>
>
> I don't know the whole issue, but it should be possible to reorganize the
> code that when scan-sexps is called, the current syntax table is the
> appropriate one.
>
> But I don't know why you're changing it in the first place.

That scan-sexps is being to parse the snippet syntax, which is why
it's not using the major-mode's syntax table. I suppose the proper way
to fix this is to parse the whole snippet before inserting it into the
buffer, but I was hoping to put off the code reorganization that would
entail for a while longer.