Subject: bug#23434: 25.1.50; feature proposal: iimage should scale images

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2019 18:07:34 +0200

>>> "LI" == Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]> writes:
   >> according to the documentation:
   >> 
   >> 
   >> ;; Iimage is a minor mode that displays images, when image-filename
   >> ;; exists in the buffer.
   >> 
   >> However it does not scale images at all. I propose to implement such a
   >> feature.

   > I've now implemented this on the Emacs trunk according to the same
   > method image-mode uses.

I just pulled the latest Emacs master and compiled it. I did not install
it though, but run

$ ./src/emacs

I opened a tex file with contained via includegraphics a png file I then
started  iimage-mode

In fact the png was displayed in the buffer as expected.

However I could not detect any change to the version I currently
installed which is 

GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2018-04-26

emacs-repository-version is a variable defined in ‘version.el’.
Its value is "1d75604eaded6a8482d28d57bc8e6a4d99d5caee"

So how am I supposed to do the rescaling?

Thanks and regards

Uwe Brauer