Subject: bug#23432: 25.0.93; Email from Gnus now going out with Message-IDs @gmail.com

From: Phillip Lord <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 22:27:49 +0100

[email-masked] (N. Jackson) writes:

> At 13:26 -0400 on Wednesday 2016-05-04, Glenn Morris wrote:
>>
>> I added a sentence to NEWS.
>
> Thanks Glenn.
>
> However, I don't believe this is enough.
>
> This is an extremely egregious flaw. Inserting an inappropriate string like
> "i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me" in Emacs users' email
> messages, without asking their permission and without informing them, is
> unacceptable.

Still, you've got to laugh...

It is supposed to check, though:

   (message-check 'shoot
     (if (re-search-forward
	  "Message-ID.*.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me" nil t)
	 (y-or-n-p "You appear to have a misconfigured system.  Really post? ")
       t))

So, I wonder why that is failing. Even if the message were less
whimsical, the fallback is supposed to have been captured.

Phil