Subject: Re: bug#23431: 25.0.93; EWW hangs

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 19:48:30 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 19:39:02 +0200
>> 
>> But anyway, this is all besides to point:  The question is still whether
>> we can detect that the animation is making Emacs slow, and whether
>> injecting some more delay (dynamically) into the animation timeout will
>> fix it.
>
> Shouldn't we first understand why Emacs is so slow?  See my message
> about the profile.

Yes, you are completely right.  I thought I had looked at this a year
ago and determined that it was just slow because decoding the animated
image was slow, but if it's due to something else, that would be nice.
:-)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no