Subject: bug#23431: 25.0.93; EWW hangs

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 14:25:09 +0000

I can recreate this bug in emacs -Q. Here is my build info.

Emacs version: GNU Emacs 25.0.93.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
2.24.23)
 of 2016-05-02, built using commit ec554d7741d2ff2828ecaa437cc26a6e615f1319.

./configure options:
  --with-modules --prefix=/home/kmodi/usr_local/apps/6/emacs/emacs-25
'CPPFLAGS=-fgnu89-inline -I/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/include
-I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include' 'CFLAGS=-ggdb3 -O0'
'CXXFLAGS=-ggdb3 -O0' 'LDFLAGS=-L/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/lib
-L/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/lib64 -ggdb3'
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/lib/pkgconfig:/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/lib64/pkgconfig:/cad/adi/apps/gnu/linux/x86_64/6/lib/pkgconfig:/cad/adi/apps/gnu/linux/x86_64/6/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig:/lib/pkgconfig:/lib64/pkgconfig

Features:
  XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 MODULES

I don't know exactly at what point the backtrace is useful. But here is the
backtrace I got after I got control back in gdb after hitting C-g multiple
times in emacs while it was frozen:

Breakpoint 3, Fsignal (error_symbol=51600, data=27738611) at eval.c:1471
1471        = (NILP (error_symbol) ? Fcar (data) : error_symbol);
(gdb) condition 3 error_symbol!=49824 && error_symbol!=51600
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Breakpoint 3, Fsignal (error_symbol=39024, data=0) at eval.c:1471
1471        = (NILP (error_symbol) ? Fcar (data) : error_symbol);
(gdb) p error_symbol
$5 = 39024
(gdb) xsymbol
$6 = (struct Lisp_Symbol *) 0xc851a0 <lispsym+39024>
"quit"
(gdb) bt
#0  Fsignal (error_symbol=39024, data=0) at eval.c:1471
#1  0x00000000005f3372 in process_quit_flag () at eval.c:1446
#2  0x00000000005f5fc2 in Ffuncall (nargs=5, args=0x7fffffff7c70) at
eval.c:2631
#3  0x00000000005f5df1 in call4 (fn=23280, arg1=19812949, arg2=44832,
arg3=44832, arg4=44832) at eval.c:2577
#4  0x0000000000427f6c in frame_windows_min_size (frame=19812949,
horizontal=44832, ignore=44832, pixelwise=44832) at frame.c:329
#5  0x0000000000428226 in adjust_frame_size (f=0x12e5250, new_width=1128,
new_height=750, inhibit=5, pretend=false, parameter=13200) at frame.c:420
#6  0x0000000000425f3e in change_frame_size_1 (f=0x12e5250, new_width=1128,
new_height=750, pretend=false, delay=false, safe=true, pixelwise=true) at
dispnew.c:5513
#7  0x0000000000425f93 in change_frame_size (f=0x12e5250, new_width=1128,
new_height=750, pretend=false, delay=false, safe=true, pixelwise=true) at
dispnew.c:5545
#8  0x0000000000425d6f in do_pending_window_change (safe=true) at
dispnew.c:5471
#9  0x000000000045a417 in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13588
#10 0x000000000045bcb3 in redisplay_preserve_echo_area (from_where=12) at
xdisp.c:14283
#11 0x0000000000649e83 in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=30,
nsecs=0, read_kbd=-1, do_display=true, wait_for_cell=0, wait_proc=0x0,
just_wait_proc=0) at process.c:5066
#12 0x00000000004266ef in sit_for (timeout=122, reading=true,
display_option=1) at dispnew.c:5762
#13 0x000000000055d9b3 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=29145331,
prev_event=0, used_mouse_menu=0x7fffffff9a1f, end_time=0x0) at
keyboard.c:2706
#14 0x000000000056a2d9 in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x7fffffff9bd0,
bufsize=30, prompt=0, dont_downcase_last=false,
can_return_switch_frame=true, fix_current_buffer=true,
prevent_redisplay=false) at keyboard.c:9055
#15 0x000000000055a8a9 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1357
#16 0x00000000005f2f86 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x55a49f
<command_loop_1>, handlers=19056, hfun=0x559c89 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1309
#17 0x000000000055a1a7 in command_loop_2 (ignore=0) at keyboard.c:1099
#18 0x00000000005f28a6 in internal_catch (tag=46224, func=0x55a17e
<command_loop_2>, arg=0) at eval.c:1074
#19 0x000000000055a147 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1078
#20 0x0000000000559858 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:684
#21 0x00000000005599eb in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:755
#22 0x00000000005578aa in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fffffffa068) at emacs.c:1606

Lisp Backtrace:
"redisplay_internal (C function)" (0x0)
(gdb)

-- 

-- 
Kaushal Modi