Subject: bug#23431: 25.0.93; EWW hangs

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 20:17:18 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 19:04:21 +0200
> 
> Most parts of the image formatting doesn't happen until redisplay
> happens -- `image-animate-timeout' just increases the image index, and
> then redisplay does all the hard lifting.
> 
> While redisplay is doing all that, Emacs isn't allowing any events to
> fire, I think, so we should be able to see that Emacs is busy...

I see the animation run at about 1 to 2 Hz refresh rate, so I don't
think redisplay is slow.

> > (Which is what typically, btw?)
> 
> I think for most GIFs it's typically 0.1s, but it can be larger.

Which might be too small.  How about making it 0.5 sec or even 1 sec
instead?