Subject: Re: bug#23431: 25.0.93; EWW hangs

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 17:56:53 +0300

> Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 04:57:45 +0200
> From: Juliusz Chroboczek <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> > If the OP agrees that the issue is solved on master, we can close the bug.
> 
> Sure, I'm very grateful for the fix

Thanks, so is it okay to close the bug?

> (I'm impatiently waiting for it to migrate into the 25 branch).

It most probably never will.

> But what about the 6-second hang, which I can reproduce even with
> with shr-image-animate set to nil?  Should decoding of large images
> happen asynchronously, or is shr not designed for that?

We don't have infrastructure for doing this asynchronously.  If the
concurrency branch ever gets revived and merged, such jobs might be
good candidates for using that facility.  Otherwise, no, it isn't
possible.  It's not shr that is not designed for that, it's Emacs
itself.