Subject: 25.0.93; C-c M-i doesn't work in bug report buffer

From: Heinz Rommerskirchen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 19:45:26 +0200

Select the menu combination <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>
The keyboard combination "C-c Mi" which is advertised to "copy text to
your preferred mail program." does nothing. It doesn't even display an
error message.
But the command line

xdg-email --subject "test" --body "xx" mailto:[email-masked]

causes my mail program -- Thunderbird -- to open a window with a new
message and the command-line arguments inserted in the right place. This
happens both with my standard start up files and with "emacs -Q"

In GNU Emacs 25.0.93.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.7, 
cairo version 1.14.2)
  of 2016-04-28 built on canna
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
System Description:	openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64)

Configured using:
  'configure --with-cairo --with-modules --with-xwidgets'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF
GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES XWIDGETS

Important settings:
   value of $LC_COLLATE: C
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: C
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
   icomplete-mode: t
   auto-insert-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Auto-saving...
mwheel-scroll: Beginning of buffer [2 times]
Mark set [2 times]
Note: file is write protected
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
indent-relative: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer PROBLEMS>
Defining kbd macro...
Keyboard macro defined
indent-relative: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer PROBLEMS>
C-c C-g is undefined

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnuplot-gui hides 
/home/hz/.emacs.d/elpa/gnuplot-20141231.1337/gnuplot-gui
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/gnuplot hides 
/home/hz/.emacs.d/elpa/gnuplot-20141231.1337/gnuplot
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psgml/make-regexp hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-ess/make-regexp

Features:
(goto-addr thingatpt noutline outline easy-mmode view info jka-compr
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe pp shadow sort mail-extr
emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epg
gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils find-dired semantic/fw mode-local find-func xref
cl-seq project eieio eieio-core cl-macs grep compile comint ansi-color
ring help-fns misearch multi-isearch dired-aux whattf-dt html5-langs
icomplete delsel cus-start cus-load skeleton autoinsert edmacro kmacro
ps-print ps-def lpr dired-x dired ro_util server finder-inf
gnuplot-autoloads package epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cl-extra help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
preview-latex tex-site auto-loads time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 170485 20607)
  (symbols 48 25918 3)
  (miscs 40 204 532)
  (strings 32 45125 8102)
  (string-bytes 1 1079628)
  (vectors 16 20494)
  (vector-slots 8 559552 8144)
  (floats 8 523 530)
  (intervals 56 1364 228)
  (buffers 976 21)
  (heap 1024 53885 8940))

-- 
Dr. Heinrich Rommerskirchen
Prof.-Schmid-Str. 41
82140 Olching
Allemagne

Tel. +49 8142 28787

Email [email-masked]