Subject: bug#23426: 25.0.93; dired-do-find-regexp doesn't find newline

From: John Wiegley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 16:44:48 -0700

>>>>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Rather than embarking on a search, I just repeated the rationale in a
> previous message.

Thanks, Eli!  It made sense, and was much appreciated.

One thing about a comment you made:

> If we will feel free to revert recent decisions just because the leader who
> made them stepped down, this will make the leadership position much less
> attractive.

Conversely, if the leadership (hi) feels bound to uphold recent decisions made
by predecessors, this also makes the position less attractive, because one
should be free to enact the changes one sees as better for Emacs.

I respect that the decision was made by many, so I don't ever approach
throwing it out lightly; but I reserve the right to get ornery if something
strikes me as truly terrible for our future.

-- 
John Wiegley                  GPG fingerprint = 4710 CF98 AF9B 327B B80F
http://newartisans.com                          60E1 46C4 BD1A 7AC1 4BA2