Subject: bug#23426: 25.0.93; dired-do-find-regexp doesn't find newline

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 19:28:07 +0300

On 05/04/2016 07:10 PM, Drew Adams wrote:
>>> Had you simply _added_ this feature and not usurped the existing
>>> bindings, you would likely have heard nothing from me about this.
>>> I have no objection to the _addition_ of another way to search
>>> and replace in Dired.
>>
>> That's very generous of you.
>
> I don't understand the hostility/sarcasm.

It is sarcasm. Designed to point out that your paragraph above is an 
empty statement.

Of course if a change has no bearing on any user's workflow except on 
those who choose to opt in, there is literally nothing for you to 
complain about. But there are fewer things to be happy about as well.

> It's a minor complaint: Keep the new feature, but please
> don't tread on existing keys and their features.  Not
> without a good reason, at least.  Is that too much to ask?

It is.

And if the complaint is minor, maybe spend less time arguing about it 
next time?