Subject: bug#23424: 25.0.93; error in process sentinel with Melpa added to package-archives

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 16:54:12 +0000

Looks like, some minor mode keeps on checking for balanced parentheses and
throws errors as I type "(require 'package)" after "r -Q" in gdb.

Is that expected? If so, what do you need to disable to prevent these false
breakpoints?

Thanks.

Here's a backtrace for that:

(emacs:38938): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_settings_schema_source_lookup:
assertion 'source != NULL' failed

Breakpoint 3, Fsignal (error_symbol=41328, data=14842835) at eval.c:1471
1471        = (NILP (error_symbol) ? Fcar (data) : error_symbol);
(gdb) bt
#0  Fsignal (error_symbol=41328, data=14842835) at eval.c:1471
#1  0x00000000005f3742 in xsignal (error_symbol=41328, data=14842835) at
eval.c:1577
#2  0x00000000005f3817 in xsignal3 (error_symbol=41328, arg1=18570180,
arg2=586, arg3=586) at eval.c:1604
#3  0x0000000000636545 in scan_lists (from=146, count=-1, depth=-1,
sexpflag=true) at syntax.c:2947
#4  0x0000000000636e34 in Fscan_sexps (from=590, count=-2) at syntax.c:3076
#5  0x00000000005f631a in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x7fffffff64b0) at
eval.c:2696
#6  0x000000000063c073 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=11043980,
vector=11044013, maxdepth=18, args_template=1026, nargs=1,
args=0x7fffffff6a00) at bytecode.c:880
#7  0x00000000005f6b6c in funcall_lambda (fun=11043925, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x7fffffff69f8) at eval.c:2855
#8  0x00000000005f6568 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fffffff69f0) at
eval.c:2742
#9  0x000000000063c073 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=11111676,
vector=11111709, maxdepth=22, args_template=2, nargs=0,
args=0x7fffffff6f10) at bytecode.c:880
#10 0x00000000005f6b6c in funcall_lambda (fun=11111637, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x7fffffff6f10) at eval.c:2855
#11 0x00000000005f6568 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fffffff6f08) at
eval.c:2742
#12 0x000000000063c073 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=11111564,
vector=11111597, maxdepth=14, args_template=2, nargs=0,
args=0x7fffffff7438) at bytecode.c:880
#13 0x00000000005f6b6c in funcall_lambda (fun=11111525, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x7fffffff7438) at eval.c:2855
#14 0x00000000005f6568 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fffffff7430) at
eval.c:2742
#15 0x000000000063c073 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=11109500,
vector=11109533, maxdepth=22, args_template=2, nargs=0,
args=0x7fffffff7ab0) at bytecode.c:880
#16 0x00000000005f6b6c in funcall_lambda (fun=11109453, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x7fffffff7ab0) at eval.c:2855
#17 0x00000000005f6568 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fffffff7aa8) at
eval.c:2742
#18 0x00000000005f5220 in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0x7fffffff7aa8) at
eval.c:2274
#19 0x00000000005f61e8 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x7fffffff7aa0) at
eval.c:2673
#20 0x000000000063c073 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=17759172,
vector=18920261, maxdepth=18, args_template=514, nargs=0,
args=0x7fffffff7fd8) at bytecode.c:880
#21 0x00000000005f6b6c in funcall_lambda (fun=19745725, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x7fffffff7fd8) at eval.c:2855
#22 0x00000000005f6568 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fffffff7fd0) at
eval.c:2742
#23 0x000000000063c073 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=11361660,
vector=11361693, maxdepth=18, args_template=2, nargs=0,
args=0x7fffffff8500) at bytecode.c:880
#24 0x00000000005f6b6c in funcall_lambda (fun=11361621, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x7fffffff8500) at eval.c:2855
#25 0x00000000005f6568 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fffffff84f8) at
eval.c:2742
#26 0x000000000063c073 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=11360308,
vector=11360341, maxdepth=10, args_template=2, nargs=0,
args=0x7fffffff8b68) at bytecode.c:880
#27 0x00000000005f6b6c in funcall_lambda (fun=11360269, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x7fffffff8b68) at eval.c:2855
#28 0x00000000005f6568 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fffffff8b60) at
eval.c:2742
#29 0x00000000005f5220 in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0x7fffffff8b60) at
eval.c:2274
#30 0x00000000005f61e8 in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x7fffffff8b58) at
eval.c:2673
#31 0x000000000063c073 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=10909844,
vector=10909877, maxdepth=30, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x0) at
bytecode.c:880
#32 0x00000000005f6ea8 in funcall_lambda (fun=10909797, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0xa678b5 <pure+1394613>) at eval.c:2921
#33 0x00000000005f6568 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x7fffffff90a0) at
eval.c:2742
#34 0x00000000005f5d10 in call1 (fn=45648, arg1=20350077) at eval.c:2552
#35 0x0000000000561100 in timer_check_2 (timers=14843027,
idle_timers=14842995) at keyboard.c:4419
#36 0x000000000056122e in timer_check () at keyboard.c:4481
#37 0x000000000055f0c6 in readable_events (flags=1) at keyboard.c:3320
#38 0x0000000000565979 in get_input_pending (flags=1) at keyboard.c:6717
#39 0x000000000056bab1 in detect_input_pending_run_timers (do_display=true)
at keyboard.c:9854
#40 0x0000000000649b14 in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=30,
nsecs=0, read_kbd=-1, do_display=true, wait_for_cell=0, wait_proc=0x0,
just_wait_proc=0) at process.c:4950
#41 0x00000000004266ef in sit_for (timeout=122, reading=true,
display_option=1) at dispnew.c:5762
#42 0x000000000055d9b3 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=14847235,
prev_event=0, used_mouse_menu=0x7fffffff9a1f, end_time=0x0) at
keyboard.c:2706
#43 0x000000000056a2d9 in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x7fffffff9bd0,
bufsize=30, prompt=0, dont_downcase_last=false,
can_return_switch_frame=true, fix_current_buffer=true,
prevent_redisplay=false) at keyboard.c:9055
#44 0x000000000055a8a9 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1357
#45 0x00000000005f2f86 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x55a49f
<command_loop_1>, handlers=19056, hfun=0x559c89 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1309
#46 0x000000000055a1a7 in command_loop_2 (ignore=0) at keyboard.c:1099
#47 0x00000000005f28a6 in internal_catch (tag=46224, func=0x55a17e
<command_loop_2>, arg=0) at eval.c:1074
#48 0x000000000055a147 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1078
#49 0x0000000000559858 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:684
#50 0x00000000005599eb in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:755
#51 0x00000000005578aa in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fffffffa068) at emacs.c:1606

Lisp Backtrace:
"scan-sexps" (0xffff64b8)
"forward-sexp" (0xffff69f8)
"elisp--beginning-of-sexp" (0xffff6f10)
"elisp--fnsym-in-current-sexp" (0xffff7438)
"elisp-eldoc-documentation-function" (0xffff7ab0)
"apply" (0xffff7aa8)
0x12d4bb8 PVEC_COMPILED
"eldoc-print-current-symbol-info" (0xffff8500)
0xad5808 PVEC_COMPILED
"apply" (0xffff8b60)
"timer-event-handler" (0xffff90a8)

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 12:41 PM Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Sorry, I figured out my mistake (with respect to be unable to set
> breakpoint). It's still not working smoothly.. the breakpoint is activated
> with each character I type.. so not sure what's up.
>
> As you already have the debug info, I will put learning gdb on my short
> term to-learn list.
>
> Thanks.
>
> =====
> Are you sure you want to change it? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from
> terminal]
> DISPLAY = :1.0
> TERM = xterm-256color
> Breakpoint 1 at 0x555e7d: file emacs.c, line 354.
> Temporary breakpoint 2 at 0x578c80: file sysdep.c, line 915.
> (gdb) break Fsignal
> Breakpoint 3 at 0x5f338c: file eval.c, line 1471.
> (gdb) bt
> No stack.
> (gdb) r -Q
> Starting program: /home/kmodi/downloads/git/emacs/src/emacs -Q
> [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
> Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
> [New Thread 0x7fffed75f700 (LWP 27555)]
>
> (emacs:27551): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_settings_schema_source_lookup:
> assertion 'source != NULL' failed
>
> Breakpoint 3, Fsignal (error_symbol=41328, data=16757379) at eval.c:1471
> 1471        = (NILP (error_symbol) ? Fcar (data) : error_symbol);
> (gdb) c
> Continuing.
>
> Breakpoint 3, Fsignal (error_symbol=41328, data=14850531) at eval.c:1471
> 1471        = (NILP (error_symbol) ? Fcar (data) : error_symbol);
> (gdb) c
> Continuing.
>
> Breakpoint 3, Fsignal (error_symbol=41328, data=25212659) at eval.c:1471
> 1471        = (NILP (error_symbol) ? Fcar (data) : error_symbol);
> (gdb) c
> Continuing.
>
> Breakpoint 3, Fsignal (error_symbol=41328, data=25415251) at eval.c:1471
> 1471        = (NILP (error_symbol) ? Fcar (data) : error_symbol);
> --
>
> --
> Kaushal Modi
>
-- 

-- 
Kaushal Modi