Subject: Re: bug#23409: unable to load free firmware

From: Quilro Ordonez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 13:30:23 -0500

Thank you very much for your help Alex. Below is my report.

El 2016-05-04 04:10, Alex Kost escribió:
> you can create
> "/any/directory/you/want/my-guix-packages.scm" file

Downloaded the file and saved it on directory 
/home/quiliro/guix/packages

> After that the following command should build the package:
> 
>   $ GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH=/any/directory/you/want guix build 
> openfwwf-firmware

This is the output:

$ GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH=/home/quiliro/guix/packages guix build 
openfwwf-firmware
/gnu/store/xcxhd2r2h3iz0721vn6c5wfqkd0r4xc0-openfwwf-firmware-5.2
$

> Also if you add this directory to GUILE_LOAD_PATH, you could use
> (my-guix-packages) module in any guile code, particularly in your 
> system
> config

Downloaded quiliro-os.scm and placed it in /home/quiliro/guix

> So add the following to your ~/.bash_profile:
> 
>   export GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH=/any/directory/you/want
>   export GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/any/directory/you/want

Did that.

This is the output of reconfiguring the whole system:

# guix system reconfigure /home/quiliro/guix/quiliro-os.scm
guix system: error: failed to load 'quilro-os.scm':
ice-9/boot-9.scm:2867:6: In procedure resolve-interface:
ice-9/boot-9.scm:2867:6: no code for module (my-guix-packages)
#