Subject: bug#23396: closed (Re: bug#23396: Can't install cmus package)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 22:47:02 +0000

Your bug report

#23396: Can't install cmus package

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
23396: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=23396
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#23396: Can't install cmus package
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: j wolf <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 18:46:06 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 08:21:00PM +0300, j wolf wrote:

Thanks for the report!

>    /gnu/store/00xykvx1rxqr1igrbbmgz7iqfmfif6br-v1.4.0.tar.bz2.drv
>    /gnu/store/idr4f008bx1fvhqf6z53n4bpp0am7kha-libcue-1.4.0.drv

You are running an old version of Guix. This was fixed in commit
8caf80fc (2016-03-30) after the upstream maintainer stopped distributing
that version of the tarball.

Please update with `guix pull` and tell us if that works!

Here is what I get from an up-to-date Guix:

$ guix build --source libcue
/gnu/store/pkkr00pn560fcqkx5cvay7xch0mxz95l-libcue-1.4.0.tar.bz2
$ guix build libcue
/gnu/store/iz3mg2igr1arvvbyp0nv81k5bddk7nbf-libcue-1.4.0.drv

Subject: Can't install cmus package
From: j wolf <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:21:00 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After comand:
guix package -i cmus
I got:
The following package will be installed:
   cmus    2.7.1    /gnu/store/3gjxzj1ciwyli90jcy39biwwabf060hh-cmus-2.7.1

The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/dwaykvv8hzypd6ycd3s9rknnj3bsnzhw-profile.drv
   /gnu/store/02kscspiqhbyylgwmshv9s6bnxrjq18r-ca-certificate-bundle.drv
   /gnu/store/7n0m5prd1ibpqi0pi9rfivpcrbmvbycl-info-dir.drv
   /gnu/store/00xykvx1rxqr1igrbbmgz7iqfmfif6br-v1.4.0.tar.bz2.drv
   /gnu/store/idr4f008bx1fvhqf6z53n4bpp0am7kha-libcue-1.4.0.drv
   /gnu/store/g5qjx377a7jwkxg8f4kxffxm4zli85dd-cmus-2.7.1.drv

Starting download of
/gnu/store/j056cc105z3sp8m41pgry3srav795syi-v1.4.0.tar.bz2
>From https://github.com/lipnitsk/libcue/archive/v1.4.0.tar.bz2...
ERROR: download failed "
https://github.com/lipnitsk/libcue/archive/v1.4.0.tar.bz2" 404 "Not Found"
failed to download
"/gnu/store/j056cc105z3sp8m41pgry3srav795syi-v1.4.0.tar.bz2" from "
https://github.com/lipnitsk/libcue/archive/v1.4.0.tar.bz2"
builder for
`/gnu/store/00xykvx1rxqr1igrbbmgz7iqfmfif6br-v1.4.0.tar.bz2.drv' failed to
produce output path
`/gnu/store/j056cc105z3sp8m41pgry3srav795syi-v1.4.0.tar.bz2'
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/idr4f008bx1fvhqf6z53n4bpp0am7kha-libcue-1.4.0.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/g5qjx377a7jwkxg8f4kxffxm4zli85dd-cmus-2.7.1.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/dwaykvv8hzypd6ycd3s9rknnj3bsnzhw-profile.drv': 1 dependencies
couldn't be built
guix package: error: build failed: build of
`/gnu/store/dwaykvv8hzypd6ycd3s9rknnj3bsnzhw-profile.drv' failed