Subject: 25.1.50; [wishlist] Somebody should clean up the "*" in doc strings

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 14:04:46 +0200

To find them:

grep --color -nH -e '^  "\*' `find . -name '*.el'`

It seems like they've mostly been cleaned out, but there are some left,
mostly from things that are/have been maintained outside Emacs.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.5 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2016-04-28 built on mouse
Repository revision: 8c3245ef0107337d0a2284c58089e2e8e21e257c
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11803000
System Description:	Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: nb_NO.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: C
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Control message sent:
tags 10475 wontfix
close 10475
Directory has changed on disk; type g to update Dired
Saving file /home/larsi/.newsrc-dribble...
Wrote /home/larsi/.newsrc-dribble [2 times]
(Saved .newsrc-dribble)
Grep finished (matches found) [3 times]
Mark set
Grep finished (matches found)
Quit

Load-path shadows:
~/src/emacs/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-org hides /home/larsi/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-org
~/src/emacs/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-browse hides /home/larsi/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-browse
~/src/emacs/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-gnu hides /home/larsi/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-gnu
~/src/emacs/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs hides /home/larsi/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug shr-color color macros gnus-html noutline outline eww
url-queue pp apropos ffap pulse cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs log-view
vc-annotate re-builder imenu log-edit pcvs-util whitespace vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher bug-reference
edebug eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func help-fns
etags xref project mailalias smtpmail sendmail ecomplete copyright shell
pcomplete thingatpt grep compile comint ring vc-git diff-mode texinfo
misearch multi-isearch dired-aux map nndoc url-cache crm flow-fill
mm-archive smiley ansi-color gnus-cite qp sort gnus-async gnus-dup
gnus-ml gmane spam-gmane dns mm-url disp-table gnus-fun gnus-mdrtn
nndraft nnmh utf-7 gnus-topic nnfolder network-stream starttls nnir
spam-report spam spam-stat gnus-uu yenc gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
epg mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils wid-edit movie mkv shr svg browse-url
imdb dom pvr debug debbugs-gnu easy-mmode derived subr-x debbugs
soap-client mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-http tls gnutls url-auth
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw nsm puny url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap warnings rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp
xml ido flyspell ispell dired dired-loaddefs add-log mail-extr mm-util
mail-prsvr jka-compr cl finder-inf info package epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1208829 425909)
 (symbols 48 162422 0)
 (miscs 40 1236 4818)
 (strings 32 270935 113899)
 (string-bytes 1 8945188)
 (vectors 16 51665)
 (vector-slots 8 1759163 143066)
 (floats 8 6244 2712)
 (intervals 56 64606 6525)
 (buffers 976 144)
 (heap 1024 346952 108909))

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no