Subject: bug#23390: 25.0.92; debbugs sends nonsense control message

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 21:51:55 +0100

I can't do this from emacs -Q as I need debbugs available.

M-x debbugs-gnu

change the severities to just "wishlist"

when the list loads, C-s horiz

It should take you to bug 22660. Come out of isearch.

C patch RET

It sends a control message for bug 755351, which doesn't exist, instead
of 22660.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.92.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.0.0, NS appkit-1404.13 Version 10.11.1 (Build 15B42))
 of 2016-03-26 built on hestur.local
Repository revision: bc70fda2c9f93a30351c7c79a2b5763bbbd7bbc6
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
Configured features:
JPEG NOTIFY ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Debbugs

Minor modes in effect:
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  csv-field-index-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-load-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Contacting host: debbugs.gnu.org:80 [2 times]
Mark saved where search started
Opening STARTTLS connection to ‘smtp.gmail.com:587’...done
Decrypting /Users/alan/.authinfo.gpg...done
Sending email 
Sending email done
Mark set
Control message sent:
tags 755351 patch
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/Users/alan/.emacs.d/elpa/soap-client-3.1.1/soap-inspect hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/soap-inspect
/Users/alan/.emacs.d/elpa/soap-client-3.1.1/soap-client hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/soap-client

Features:
(shadow emacsbug epa-file epa mailalias mail-extr smtpmail sendmail
misearch multi-isearch mm-archive message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec epg mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-utils network-stream
nsm starttls url-cache crm debbugs-gnu add-log unichar
exec-path-from-shell powershell-mode speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
post derived cl abc-mode paredit go-eldoc go-mode find-file ffap
thingatpt etags xref project compile comint ring geiser flycheck
find-func rx subr-x seq windmove server debbugs soap-client mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode url-http tls gnutls url-auth mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core cl-macs gv gnus-util mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap warnings rng-xsd rng-dt
rng-util xsd-regexp xml edmacro kmacro csv-mode sort rainbow-mode
ansi-color color paren jka-compr auto-compile byte-opt advice packed
dash use-package diminish bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode cconv
bind-key easy-mmode finder-inf autoinsert go-mode-autoloads info package
easymenu epg-config wombat-theme cl-seq cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win ucs-normalize term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote kqueue cocoa ns
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 433934 78293)
 (symbols 48 31630 1)
 (miscs 40 1075 257)
 (strings 32 63884 28651)
 (string-bytes 1 1788458)
 (vectors 16 49851)
 (vector-slots 8 828321 10567)
 (floats 8 1714 402)
 (intervals 56 10697 699)
 (buffers 976 17))

-- 
Alan Third